KöR® For A Hollywood Whiter Smile
Feel good and look great with a brighter, whiter smile in less than an hour. KöR® teeth whitening is safe, effective and very fast. Take-home whitening trays are also available from Opalescence.
Studies indicate that your most noticeable and important feature when making a first impression is your smile, but even if you are not worried about your first impression to others, you should know that a whiter, brighter smile can help you feel better about yourself and make you a more confident person.
Professional Teeth Whitening Erases Years
Perhaps you have noticed that over the years the inevitable aging process has stained and darkened your teeth. Unfortunately, this is normal, and unfortunately, what else is also normal is for certain activities repeated on a continual basis contribute to discolored teeth – activities such as smoking, drinking coffee, tea, soda, or red wine, or even eating berries. Advanced Dental Care of Jasper, Texas, offers many options for professional teeth whitening, depending on your teeth, schedule, and budget.
Options for Professional Teeth Whitening from Advanced Dental Care
Dr. Koch provides two types of whitening services: Opalescence Take Home Trays and the KöR® Whitening Deep Bleaching. Again, which type he recommends for you and which treatment you may select are wholly based on your teeth, schedule, and budget.
Opalescence Take Home Trays: If you have a hectic schedule, then Opalescence Take Home Trays are for you. The whitening process allows you to whiten your teeth at your convenience in a safe, effective, and customized way.
- How Safe? The gels used for the whitening process are only available from a licensed dentist, like Dr. Koch. He will monitor your treatment from your first meeting until the process is complete. Unlike some whitening gels, the gel substance stays in place, avoiding contact with your gums.
- How Effective? Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels are available with 10%, 10%PF, 15%PF, 20%PF, and 35%PF carbamide peroxide. As you can see, many of the gel composites contain Potassium Fluoride (PF), helping not only to whitening your teeth but also to improve enamel strength, decrease sensitivity, and increase cavity prevention. The potent, prescription-strength Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels can provide results after just one night; however, results usually occur in about a week.
- How are the Trays Customized? To use the Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels, Dr. Koch will create a customized bleaching tray. He will make an alginate impression of your mouth, which you will wear for the gel application. The customization makes Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gels more effective, as the trays are fitted perfectly for your teeth. You can further customize your Opalescence Take Home Whitening Gel experience by selecting your whitening strength from the five available and choosing one of three flavors (mint, melon, and regular) for the gel. It is your whitening experience; therefore, it should meet your specifications.
- Newsworthy Process? Okay fellow Texans, listen up! In 2011, at the Miss Black USA Pageant, 30 contestants used an Opalescence product to whiten their teeth before their final walk down the red carpet. The winner? Miss Texas, Ocielia Gibson, and as noted in the press release, “she was full of smiles as she was crowned Miss Black USA that evening.” You, too, can have that winning smile if you choose the Opalescence Take Home Tray whitening process!
KöR® Whitening Deep Bleaching™: A stronger whitening process, Dr. Koch will recommend the KöR Whitening process for severely stained teeth. The Deep Bleaching system includes one or two office visits to achieve the desired results.
- Why KöR® Whitening? Clinical Research Associates (CRA) reports that whitening gel in conventional whitening trays is only strongly active for 25-35 minutes because of rapid contamination of the whitening gel by saliva. KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™ Trays seal both saliva and sulcular fluid out of the whitening trays.
- How Effective? Deemed as the most effective whitening system in the world today, KöR Whitening is the only system recognized to significantly whiten even difficult tetracycline stained teeth within a short time.
- Trays? Perhaps: Deep Bleaching Trays combined with KöR® Whitening gels can provide a full six plus hours of whitening activity compared to the typical 25-35 minutes. The result is a careful cleansing out of debris from between your enamel rods, rejuvenating the enamel to restore a youthful look, and of course, producing amazing whiteness when you smile. However, your whitening needs may only require in-office whitening sessions using peroxide that is more concentrated. This process allows for the peroxide byproducts to actually flood into the now refreshed microstructure of the teeth, finishing the degradation of any remaining stubborn stains, producing a whiter than white smile.
Our professional staff at Advanced Dental Care wants you to feel good about your overall dental health; however, by offering our teething whitening treatments, we also want to create a more confident you; remember? You – the one whose smile made a great first impression!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can teeth whitening damage teeth?
No, teeth whitening treatments are designed to be safe when used properly. While the whitening gel is strong, Dr. Koch will make sure your teeth and gums are protected, and the at-home trays are designed safely.
You may experience some sensitivity after your whitening treatment, but this is normal. This usually fades quickly, and it’s best to avoid additional whitening until it does. If you’re concerned about tooth sensitivity after whitening, please call our office at (409)-384-5438 and we’ll be more than happy to help.
How long do teeth whitening effects last?
The effects of a teeth whitening treatment typically last one year. Our patients usually come in for another treatment around that time. Certain lifestyle habits can impact the duration of the effects. You’ll want to follow a few tips to get the most out of your treatment:
- Avoid tobacco use
- Limit food and beverages that tend to stain
- Use a straw
- Brush your teeth twice a day, floss daily, and rinse after meals
In addition to following the above guidelines, you’ll want to visit our Jasper office biannually for regular, professional cleanings so we can remove any plaque and tartar to keep your teeth white and looking their best.
Can you go from yellow to white teeth?
Over time, a variety of things can stain your teeth and turn them yellow. Age also influences discoloration. Luckily, it’s entirely possible to turn yellow teeth pearly white again. The most immediate and effective method is to see Dr. Koch for an in-office whitening treatment.
There are also a large number of store-bought home whitening kits that you can use to whiten your smile, but these typically contain a lower concentration of whitening agents than the in-office treatments. Professional in-office whitening treatments cause less sensitivity which allows you to brighten your smile to your liking.